3 medium summer squash
1 cup crushed marcona almonds
good extra virgin olive oil
1 piece parmesan to grate
salt & pepper to taste
1. Lightly toast almonds in a dry pan over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Immediately season with a pinch of salt. Set aside and cool.
2. Shave summer squash lengthwise on a mandolin 1/16th inch thick. The squash should be thin enough to easily fold but thick enough to hold its shape.
3. Lay almonds between two pieces of parchment paper and gently crush with a heavy rolling pin or pan.
4. Place squash in a mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice an extra virgin olive oil. Gently toss to keep the squash in tact.
5. Gently fold in crushed almonds and grated parmesan and serve & enjoy.