GNOCCHI CORN & TOMATOES
4 russet potatoes
3 ounces AP flour
5 cloves of garlic
2 sprigs rosemary
3 tablespoons flour
Extra virgin olive oil
4 jumbo heirloom tomatoes, cores and diced
2 ears corn, shucked and kernels removed
1 bunch basil, washed and sliced into ¼ inch thick ribbons
1/4 grated Parmesan
1/4 cup butter
1. In a large casserole cook potatoes in simmering water for 45 minutes with 2 cloves garlic, and the rosemary. When cooked, remove the potatoes and cool. When cool, rice them onto a cool surface.
2. Add the flour, 1 tablespoon olive oil and roll the gnocchi into 1 inch ropes about a foot long.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut the gnocchi into inch long pieces. Freeze them until ready to use.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter and oil are almost golden, add the frozen gnocchi and sauté for 3 minutes, moving them around so all sides start to turn golden.
5. Add vegetables and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add the remaining butter and 2 tablespoons of cold water. Season with salt and pepper and toss in the parmesan. Serve immediately.